Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Full Moon

Today I was scheduled for a dinner shift at 5 p.m. I made my way through traffic and got to work at 4:45 p.m. only to be immediately confronted and talked to about work drama gossip. I won't get into specifics, but I was only involved because I knew things on a closer basis and could confirm suspicions. I felt so bad about everything, even though I didn't do anything wrong, I started crying. Amazing start to my shift. Not only that, but I was sat with a booth while this was going on, but people at work had my back and took care of the table until I could get there. I calmed down and got to work and delivered Table 50's guacamole appetizer as if nothing was wrong.

Later on in my shift I got sat again at Table 50. It was a grandmother with her daughter and her two kids. The kids were so nice to me and I tried to be extra nice back. Eventually when my manager made her rounds to see how the table was doing they told her they absolutely loved me and asked how long I had been a server. My manager told them i had just started last month and they were shocked!

Later they told me the same thing and that they were both formerly servers so they know all the ins and outs, and that it wasn't easy at times, but that I was doing very well for being so new. They also told me they have a few favorite servers at the restaurant, and now that I was one of them!

For such a terrible start to my day, this completely turned it around. Throughout the rest of their dinner, I made sure that everything was still perfect. For the kid hoodsie cups I put whipped cream on top with chocolate sauce and cherries. It was their mom's birthday so I also put a candle on their chocolate cake dessert. They were all so happy and after they were finished I gave them a survey and their bill, where they said very nice things and tipped well. Yay!

I made $59 in tips. Boo.

Later on all of my tables had left and I was cut so I cleaned up my side work of bread and oil, and then did a bunch of silver ware rollups. When I was done with all of that I went out to dinner with two of my co workers and then after we were supposed to see the new Harry Potter movie. We didn't plan out dinner too well so when dinner finally arrived it was time to go to the show. We boxed our food, paid the bill, and ran to the movies, in which we were still early. Got some water, Junior Mints, and then ate dinner during the movie. Classy, but hey, we had to.

Oh, and after the movie I realized there was a full moon. That's why weird shit went down tonight. I'm convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment